Thanks to a very kind nomination from The Imaginator, (Check him out, his blog is equally awesome) I have been awarded the Awesome Award of Epic Awesomeness (try saying that ten times with crackers in your mouth). As with most of the other blog awards, there are three rules (some have more, some less), and they are 1. Write 10 awesome facts about yourself ( I suppose I should try and think on this one, and make the facts at least mildly amusing or entertaining); 2. Nominate ten other bloggers who write equally awesome content; and finally 3. Inform the others that they won. (the easy part)
First I guess I should start with ten awesome facts about me (Only ten??? I could write for days…). Here goes, in no particular awesome order:
- I am a music lover. I especially love old time Rock & Roll music, mostly from Europe. Lately I have been compiling music from Sweden, South Africa, and Ireland.
- I hate snow, even though I live in western Newfoundland (the snow capital of Atlantic Canada), I hate shoveling it, walking in it, slipping in it…you get the picture.
- I love nature, and I make it a point to keep our wild birds well fed. I have fourteen bird feeders placed in various areas throughout my yard, and my property has become both a bird sanctuary and a haven for hungry cats.
- I have a phobia against dentists, needles and pain.
- I love animals, mostly barbecued
- I love to sing, even though I couldn’t carry a tune in a bucket
- I detest poor spelling and grammar, to the point that I often inform people of their errors…usually pissing them off.
- Two of my interests are photography and cooking, and the original intention of this blog was to post photos (Sights) and my own recipes (Bytes).
- I worry to where my writing is heading. I often sit and write things that frighten the hell out of me.
- Okay, I am not really that awesome, because after nine points of awesomeness, I am stumped and cannot think of any more.
As for my nominees, I have a blogroll that features many amazing writers. Below is a list of the blogs I checked out this morning.
- Fifteen Minute Lunch. The blog of one Johnny Virgil. A truly amazing dude who writes from the heart, and usually sends me into fits of laughter.
- Archon’s Den. One of the most interesting dudes I have ever had the good fortune of reading…..he says that he is a grumpy old dude, but don’t believe him, he is a barrel of laughs
- El Guapola. What can I say? A risk taker/daredevil who writes with love and loves his lady. Give him a read and see what I am talking about.
- White Lady in the Hood. This lady is so awesome, she probably has an entire wall in her living room filled with Awesome Awards of Epic Awesomeness. I love reading her stuff and one day I would like to meet the lady.
- The Fat Food Guy. The blog of a fat guy who reviews food. FFG doesn’t bother boring us with nutritional facts, rather he and his faithful and trusty companion Irwin base their tests on how a food actually tastes. Not for the faint of heart or anyone on a diet, but an interesting read for food lovers everywhere.
- Thoughts, Ramblings, and Daydreams. Gene over at TR&D has a truly amazing site that features some truly amazing stories. I faithfully read the works of Gene every day, and I enjoy reading his insightful comments on some of my work as well. Enjoy your award Gene, you truly deserve the recognition.
- Every week the people over at Trifecta offer weekly and daily blog challenges. This site has inspired me to write some awesome stuff. In addition to posting links to blogger sites, the site offers bloggers a chance to meet others who share their passion.
- Rogue. Not the superhero from Marvel comics, but the Superhero from WordPress. This very talented (and very beautiful..hope I didn’t make you blush…well actually I hope I did make you blush) lady can really write. This is her second blogsite, she mysteriously disappeared some time ago and recently resurfaced with some very personal and interesting stories.
- Old Dog, New Tits. First of all, don’t mistake this for a porn site. This is the blog of a very interesting and amazing woman who in an attempt to improve on perfection, decided to have a boob job, and in the process, docs discovered a benign tumor lurking within. She is quite beautiful without any help from surgeons, and man can she write. ODNT (as she likes to be called) has inspired me to write many of the personal stories I post here. A truly amazing woman (I said that already, didn’t I). Give her a read, she is really something else.
- H.E. Ellis. This BlogGoddess is something else! If there was one person who I can thank for being here on WordPress this long, it would have to be H.E. Her words of encouragement have helped me realize that I really do have a talent for this kind of stuff. Hell, she even helped me get published!
The third part of this award is to inform the winners that they have won the award. The letters are in the mail.
There you have it, I fulfilled all the requirements of this award. Now if you will excuse me, I shall go and hang my award next to all my other trophies and awards. Well to be truthful, I hung it next to my 1976 Spelling Bee award, my most and only prestigious award to be posted on my wall of fame.